We thought we'd got away with a Covid-free run of Christmas events, and we SO NEARLY made it! Our fire merman got the rona, Santa had the flu and I got struck down with gastroenteritis (zero stars - would not recommend) but otherwise we had a pretty good run in spite of all the challenges this festive season. Merry Jinxmas!
New Years Eve events are currently scheduled to go ahead as planned, and we're looking forward to some amazing themed bashes at hotels, restaurants and nightlife venues. Cross all the fingers and toes!
But let's take a moment to reflect on what has been an absolutely phenomenal 6 months since the great reopening in the summer; we've done a whole year's turnover in 6 months so THANK YOU to all our amazing customers who have supported us, and been ever so patient with us as we tackled going from 0-100 overnight. We're so grateful that our loyal party planners and venues were able to survive the downtime caused by the pandemic, and that our performers kept on training ready for the upturn. Events industry creatives should be hugely proud of the way we've collectively handled the pace change, goalposts constantly moving, rules changing, and health guidance becoming murkier and murkier (yes, Boris, we're talking about you).
Special thank you's to:
- all the Undersea Odyssey team who performed immersive restaurant shows throughout November and December
- our Santas who tweaked their usual grotto appearances to be roaming and 'present', Miracle on 34th Street style.
- Alberto Baucis and the thirty5studio team for all their videography and promo help this year
- the PR guru that is Maxwell Communications for readying us for our summer reopening
- our seamstress/all round superhero Jacky at Sew Unique
- our fellow agents who've entrusted us with their TV, YouTube, corporate, holiday park, nightlife and private party clients this year. Teamwork makes the dream work!
Here's to ending 2021 on a high, and welcoming 2022 with good health and a well-earned rest! Cheers.